Amazon Banner

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A New Perch, on a New Porch?


This is my "New House"
it is a dream house to me.

For over a year, I have been working on selling my current home, so I could get into a smaller home, something I can take care of, keep up with, and still have time for my crochet design business, and my grandchildren.

A few weeks ago, I got a wild hair, and set some feelers out with investors in the area.
My proposal, A deed for deed SWAP.

I viewed a few vacant houses, and a few investors walked through my house. It was an interesting week. I kept coming back to this little house, and how much it rang true to my goals, and vision.

I have spent the last couple weeks, working on it, Painting Rooms, demo in the bathroom, to put in a Washer and Dryer hook up,
Demo in the kitchen, to install cabinets and counter tops, new flooring, and all the incidentals that come with the territory. So many items that have been stored in my basement the last few years will also have a fresh lease on life. It is really exciting.

While the house is still a few weeks from livable, it is coming right along. Today, I met with the Owner, to discuss the work still needed, and some of the details of closing.

It was this conversation that took the wind from my sails; 
At closing, I have to pay the prorated portion of the property taxes on my current house. 

$340.00 that I do not have! In a week!

I have been doing this on a shoe string, re purposing, reusing, and really being cautious of where I spend money. I have a bunch of hours invested, and materials, but very little cash has been spent.

I am a bit dazed, but no where near out, I am offering a tremendous deal in my Ravelry shop, in an effort to meet this need, Head On!   I do not want to walk away from this home.
UPDATE:  4PM 4-4 Still 93 uses of the code remain
Buy One Pattern, get One Pattern FREE!
This is available to the first 100 People. You can use the code more than once if you like, You can share the link to this post, so friends can get in on the sale, Just please don't give my patterns away to your friends. I so desperately need the money.
It is my only source of income.
The Code you need to collect on this offer is   
New House
Thank You so much for taking the time to read this, and for helping me get into a home better suited to the life I am able to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you