After round 3 of Battle of the Stitches, I have had so many different ideas running through my head. Today, I actually sat down with yarn and hook to make this, so you will have it for your girls in time for Holiday Parties, Church, Santa Pictures, or just to add to the basket they choose from on a regular basis.
The Big Bow is my grand daughters favorite part.
A classic style, and a great bow join forces here to give every lady a bit of fun.Any girl will love this.
The best length for this item is about an inch smaller than traditional hat size. So for the child with an 18 inch head, you would work the cables to about 17 inches before attaching the second side to the elastic band.
WW Holiday Yarn
G (4.25mm) Hook
elastic hair band 1 ½ inch size
Stitch guide -
Front Post Triple Crochet (FPtr): YO twice; insert hook from front to back to front around post (vertical bar) of specified stitch and draw up a lp to height of a tr; (YO and draw through 2 lps) 3x, FPtr made.
Braid (BR): sk next st, FPtr in each of the next 2 sts working in front of last 2 sts, FPdtr in skipped st: BR made
Form slip knot, sl st around band. ch 2. 6 dc over elastic band. ch 1 turn (7dc)
Row 2: (RS) FPtr around next dc in the dc row below, BR over next 3 sts in the dc row below, FPtr around next st in dc row below, DC in next sts 1, turn
Row 3: SC in each st, ch 2, turn
Row 4: FPtr around next FPtr in the row below, BR over next 3 sts in the dc row below, FPtr around next st in dc row below, DC in next sts. ch 1, turn
Repeat rows 3 and 4 until you have the desired length.
Working on the wrong side, hold elastic band next to the headband. Sc in each st, encasing elastic in the stitches. Cut yarn, leaving a 12 inch tail. Wrap yarn around the band. Use needle to finish off.
With a single strand of yarn, and a G hook
Ch 57, join w/sl st to form loop.
- Ch 3, dc in each ch around. Join w/sl st to top of ch 3.
- Ch 1, turn. Sc in BL of each st around. Join w/slst to front loop of ch.
- Repeat round 2, 3 times. At the end of the last repeat, ch 2.
- Dc in each st around, join w/sl st. Cut yarn, bury ends.
- Ch 7. Dc in 3rd ch from hook and each across.
- Ch 2, turn.dc in each st,
- repeat row 2, 3 times.
- Sl st ends together. Slip the bow into smaller loop.
- Position bow center over elastic band. Sew in place. Tack bow to headband to keep it from flopping when worn by the energized in your life.
For a Printer Friendly PDF, (Black ink only, no photos) click Here
Thank You for stopping in
Have a great Holiday Season
Until Next time