Amazon Banner

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stellar Shells Hat

This is Really A Quick Hat, worked in RED HEART'S STELLAR YARN


This yarn was a gift, from a crochet nut friend, who overheard me comment about frogging projects to make new ones.  She took pity on this old fool, and set me some yummy goodness.

In the ball, Allie was not too keen on this, it had to much color, "all wudged up"    I just snickered.

I was hesitant, The bumpy yarns tend to give people difficulty,
I have to say, I am nothing if not determined.
I wanted to keep it simple, I wanted to create a pattern friendly to the shortcomings of the yarn, because let's face it, it is PRETTY,
I wanted to be true to me, as well as easy for the crocheter to work it up, without tossing it to the curb.

Here we go.  This is sized for my Grand daughter who wears hats 18 to 20 inches in circumference.  I will work on the other sizes, and offer the whole package after the first of the new year.

You need an N (9.0mm) hook
1 ball Red Heart Stellar Yarn  (90 yards)  I used Celestial
scissors
needle with a large eye to bury the 2 ends
Ch 3, join to form loop.
1)  Ch 3, 8 dc in loop join to top of ch 3. (9)
2)  Ch 3, *dc, ch1, dc  in sp between posts, fpdc on the next post* repeat around, join to the top of ch 3 (27)
3)  slst to ch sp, Ch 2, dc, ch 1, dc2tog in same space. *FPdc on next , dc2tog, ch 1, dc2tog in next ch sp* repeat around ending with FPdc, join to first cluster.
 Repeat round 3, 5 times,
Final Round  Tilt hook back to the fpdc just made, sc, now moving forward again, *work 5 dc in ch sp. sc in next fpdc*  Repeat around, sl st to the sc at the beginning of the round. Cut yarn, Use needle to bury ends





Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy
Total Awesome Sauce

I have NEVER EVER worked a hat so cool, so easy.















Until next time
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you