Amazon Banner

Friday, May 16, 2014

Sometimes you just have to

Be good to yourself

I am not a breakfast eater, unless it is for supper, then, well, I like breakfast.

Yesterday, when I snuck out between thundershowers to the market, I indulged in a pound of fresh local Strawberries.  

I kept feeling the pull to the fridge to grab one, and allow the sweet flavor fill me with memories of my youth in the fields, making about .75 an hour. Good money for a 13 year old kid in those days.

I could stand it no more. Time for a treat. I have a favorite, and it was time.

 Starting with 2 fresh eggs, about a tablespoon of milk, and a dash of fresh ground sea salt, I mixed my batter.

Three slices of day old, (or older) inexpensive white bread, and a dab of oil in a stainless steel skillet. Med high heat. Let the bread absorb the batter, but not be drenched in it.
cooked just to perfection. Oh, the yummy is making my tummy get excited


 Now, let's get the yummy really started.  Sliced fresh strawberries, with just a teaspoon or 2 of sugar, and a pinch of Sea salt


Into the microwave, to warm them, and promote the letting go of their natural juices. My kitchen smell like a warm summer morning on the field



Cream Cheese, less than an ounce is plenty, but I always mix extra to put on cupcakes later.
Again, just a dab of sugar, about a tablespoon, and some nondairy whipped topping, to add fluff and lighten it a bit.




I never waste this, I like to be sure I enjoy every bit of this indulgence


French toast, with the delirious Cream Cheese filling
Add a small bit of the warmed Strawberries
and repeat
Using the Juice from the berries as the syrup, it is pure sinful yuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I always try to clean as I go, so there is not a serious mess in my kitchen to cope with later.

My plate never left the counter. I would grab a bite, and wash the pan. or put something away, by the time the kitchen was cleaned up, 

so was my breakfast. Washed the plate, and went back to my Crochet project.

I think spoiling yourself is a good thing.

Have a great day
Grammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you